Does your business use large electric motors? If so, when it’s time to replace them we encourage you to consider a high-efficiency model. Not only will you be rewarded with a rebate when you buy and install your new equipment, but your investment will continue to pay you back year-after-year in the form of lower energy costs.
Here are some things to keep in mind when considering replacing your worn out electric motors-
- When purchasing new equipment, specify that all included motors be premium efficiency.
- TID will provide cash incentives for each energy efficient motor purchased.
- Replace burned out motors with premium efficiency motors instead of over-the-counter, standard efficiency motors.
- Motors must be three-phase induction type, open drip proof (ODP), totally enclosed fan cooled (TEFC) classification, or general purpose application as well as Design A or B.
- Motors must be new, NEMA Premium Efficiency motors ranging in size between 1 and 200 horsepower with Nominal Full Load Efficiency that meets or exceeds the values listed in the application.
- Design C or D motors are not eligible.