Which is better, a dollar in sales or a dollar in savings? As a business owner you know that a dollar in sales doesn’t mean you keep the whole dollar. On the other hand, a dollar saved goes straight to your profit margin.
High efficiency lighting can make a positive impact on your bottom line by helping you control your energy costs. Whether your business operates from a warehouse, a retail storefront or an office complex, take advantage of our rebate program and enjoy the long-term benefits of converting to energy efficient lighting.
High efficiency fluorescents are eligible for rebates of $0.08 per first year kilowatt-hour (kWh) saved and $0.10 per first year kWh saved on LEDs. Occupancy sensors must be infrared and/or ultrasonic detectors only. Wall switch and wall or ceiling mounted lighting sensors must be hard-wired and control interior fixtures. Click here to download the product requirements.
For more information or to apply for these rebates refer to the links below or call (209) 883-8432.
PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- All proposed rebates must be pre-approved by TID prior to purchase and installation. Call TID at (209) 883-8432 to obtain approval.
- Rebate applicants must complete and submit TID’s ‘Commercial Rebate Agreement’ form. Applicants must also submit all manufacturer’s specification sheets with their rebate agreement.
- Applicants must schedule a pre-inspection.
- Once the project is complete, applicants must submit paid itemized invoices pertaining to equipment installation.
- Rebate will pay $0.08 per first year kilowatt-hour (kWh) saved on fluorescent.
- Rebate will pay $0.10 per first year kWh saved on LED.
- Rebate amount is limited to 50 percent of actual projected cost.
- All equipment must contain an energy savings element to qualify for a rebate.
- All lamps must be rated greater than or equal to 20,000 hours lamp life based on three hours per start when operating on a Program Start Ballast.
- T5 HO and T8 VHO lamps must have a Color Rendering Index that is equal or greater than 82.
- All T8 lamps must be listed as a qualified High Performance T8 lamp.
- LED fixtures must be listed as either Lighting Facts qualified or Design Lights Consortium (DLC) qualified.
- LED Surface, Pendant and Recessed Downlight Fixtures must be listed as ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Useful life period for hard-wired linear fluorescent/LED/induction fixtures is defined as 11 years.
- Occupancy Sensors must be infrared and/or ultrasonic detectors only. Wall switch and wall or ceiling mounted lighting sensors must be hard-wired and control interior fixtures.
- Wall or Ceiling Mounted Sensor must be self-contained wall switch lighting sensors (that are designed to replace a standard wall switch) and must not control more than 500 watts. Sensors must not control more than 1,000 watts.
- Useful life for occupancy sensors is eight years.
- Plug load sensors must control electricity using equipment in offices or cubicles including shared copiers and/or printers.