- Customer Service: 209-883-8222
- My Electric Account
For Your Protection
From time to time, Turlock Irrigation District will contact customers over the phone or in person to conduct TID business, which may include collecting payments. However, fraudulent individuals falsely acting as TID representatives sometimes prey on customers to gain personal information or some form of money. Knowing this, TID encourages customers to be aware of the following facts about the way it conducts business.
As a general rule, customers should always be skeptical of pushy people who demand payment or personal information (like your Social Security Number or bank routing number), especially if these people threaten to turn off your power. Electrical disconnections are a last resort for TID. Customers subject to disconnect are notified by mail of their delinquent status prior to their service being disconnected.
On the phone
- Fraudsters can use applications known as "Spoofing" software to make their call appear to come from a legitimate TID phone number when in reality, they may be calling from anywhere in the world. If in doubt, protect yourself by hanging up and calling Customer Service at (209) 883-8222.
- Customers who suspect a caller is not a TID representative are advised to hang up and dial (209) 883-8222 or any other appropriate number listed on TID's Customer Service Numbers page. Occasionally, TID employees call customers directly from their mobile phones when in the field (like when they do not have access to a meter or other similar situations). If you are ever in doubt, call us at 883-8222 to confirm the authenticity of the caller/cell phone number.
- TID will be able to verify the account holder’s name and account number.
- TID never uses e-mail to seek payments or personal information from customers.
- TID does not conduct customer service or solicit payments via text messages.
- TID does not use any social media (examples include Twitter and Facebook) to solicit payments or initiate customer service.
- TID offices are closed on Saturday and Sunday. TID does not solicit payments or disconnect power for non-payment on weekends, after business hours, or on holidays when TID offices are closed.
In the field
- TID employees drive white vehicles with blue TID logos visible on the door panels. The vehicles will have State of California Exempt license plates.
- Service workers wear blue shirts with TID logos embroidered on the front and/or back.
- All TID employees also have company-issued identification badges.
- Customer Service Representatives at (209) 883-8222 will know if a TID employee is supposed to be at a particular service address.
- TID does not work with any third-party vendors for payment collection, nor does TID contract with any agency or service conducting door-to-door rebates or promotions.
- TID employees in the field have official paperwork indicating the service address at which they are supposed to be, the name of the account holder, and the proper account number.